Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yay for holidays that give us excuses to bake!  I spent the whole night baking, and have to work (i.e. bake) in 5 hours - no rest for the weary :(  I'm making gift treats for family and friends, and here is what I have completed so far:



Here is a cookie I got off of cakecentral.com.  They called them Gooey Butter Cookies, but I prefer "Cake Batter Cookie" because it tastes like cake batter - yum!  I added red, pink and white nonpareils for V-Day in the cracks of the cookie which added a cool look to it.  These are delicious!



Here are some classic sugar cookies with pink and white royal icing.  I don't know how people can get such tiny details on their cookies, or make a good icing consistency for writing.  These were hard to do!  But practice makes perfect...I'll keep trying.  

I also made cake balls and Oreo truffles, but I'll post pictures for that later...au revoir for now!

No comments: